《jane eyre》was written by novelist charlotte bronte and was one of the finest novels of the victorian era. it has been a long time that western countries have been deeply influenced by christianity, and there is a traditional idea in people's minds that women are a rib in a man, that is, women are subordinate to men. this notion is ingrained and dominates the entire western society. but jane eyre loudly announced: "i am not an angel, i am my own!”. this announcement broke the traditional female sky.
in most people's eyes, jane eyre is a rebellious woman. for the sake of women's dignity and equality, she fought like a fearless warrior. however, when analyzing jane eyre's character from another angle, we can explore some contradictions. in fact, jane eyre also has her fragile side. jane eyre has an inferiority complex at the same time. she is not satisfied with her own appearance, dissatisfied with her own status and discontent with her own property.
analyzing on jane eyre’s contradictory characteristics can broaden our horizons and we will have a new different understanding of jane eyre. at the same time, it also advises women who are fighting for gender equality: even in a modern society where women's status has improved, there is still a long way to go to win true equality, because conservative customs are ingrained. women should be braver and more persevering in resisting overwhelming and unreasonable customs.
i hope to use this opportunity to write a paper, on the basis of learning from previous studies, to explore the diversity of the protagonist jane eyre's personality, and further analysis on jane eyre's dual personality characteristics.
through jane eyre's reaction of the events, the environment, as well as her behavior, and dialogue with others, further analysis of jane eyre's dual character characteristics. this paper discusses the duality of jane eyre's character from the following aspects, such as inferiority and self-esteem, obedience and resistance, conservatism and innovation and the cause of jane eyre's dual personality traits.
before 1st january : settlement of the title
before 1st march: submission of the outline
before 15th april : submission of the first draft
ellis,r.teaching secondary english. . 1980
 zobl h.markedness and the projection problem. language learning journal . 1983
 van leuven-zwart.translation and original: similarities and dissimilarities. target . 1989
 gentzler,edwin.contemporary translation theories. . 1993
 ellis r.the study of second language acquisition. . 1994
刘丽. 一个时代的女性呐喊与追求——谈《简·爱》中的典型人物简爱[j]. 时代文学(下半月),2009,(5).
- On Translation of Three-Body Problem the Perspective of Feminist Translation They任务书
- A Critical Analysis of the Symbolic Meaning of the Kite in The Kite Runner 分析《追风筝的人》中风筝意象的象征意义毕业论文
- An Analysis of The Catcher in the Rye the Perspective of the rites of the initiation任务书
- Personalities and Life Choices of the Four Sisters in Little Women任务书
- An Analysis of Cultural Differences in Chinese English Advertising Language.任务书
- A Brief Analysis of the Contradictory Characterization of Superhero Captain America in Marvel’s Big Event Civil War任务书
- An Analysis of Errors in English Majors’ Oral English——Based on Error Analysis Theory任务书
- On Pragmatic Failures in Cross-cultural Network Catchwords任务书
- An Analysis of Marriages and Love in Pride and Prejudice任务书
- A Study of Female Gothic Writing in The Yellow Wallpaper任务书