with the rapiddevelopment of china'seconomy, chinese automobile industry is thriving with national brands,joint-venture companies and overseas enterprises competing in the car market,making automobile english an increasing demand for practitioners and ordinarycar users.
today, scientificexchanges between chinaand other countries and regions all over the world have been increasinglystrengthened due to the new technological revolution. therefore, est (englishfor science and technology) translation now plays a pivotal role in the world’ssci-tech exchanges and cooperation.
automobileenglish, as a branch of est, has its unique language features because it edgesinto multiple disciplines including materials science, aerodynamics, dynamics,ergonomics, optics and some other specialized fields. it is far morecomplicated than a combination of everyday english and some professional words.
thispaper studies the language features of automobile english at threelevels—lexical, grammatical and structural levels. it analyses lexical featuresfrom the aspects of abbreviation, compounding and specialized use of commonenglish words; grammatical features from passive voice and ellipticalsentences; and structural features from sentence patterns and expository writing style. also, basedon the discussion of major translation techniques of automobile english, thepaper studies translation strategies with solid evidence.
this paper aims tohelp readers get to know the language features of automobile english andtherefore have a deeper understanding for the translation of automobileenglish. it aims to perfect the est translation system as well. finally, it maypromote the scientific and technique exchanges and cooperation of automobileindustry.
to realize such a goal,the author has read and will read more related documents to learn more aboutthe existing research findings. in addition, the author plans to acquirerelevant information by using online resources for future reference, such as networkdatabases. to make further analysis, the author shall organize the acquiredinformation on certain features and categorize into different subdivisions.this paper mainly analyses the translation strategies of automobile english byusing theoretical and empirical methods.
before 1stjanuary: settlement of the title
before 1st march:submission of the outline
before 15th april:submission of the first draft
ding zi-hua. a study on esp chinese-english translatingpractice based on the translation memetics. sino-usenglish teaching, 2017, vol.14.
mu yanxia. brief discussion on translationstrategies of est words. 海外英语, 2017, vol. 12.
jiajia zhao. performance of the flexiblemeans in est translation. 2016 eighthinternational conference on measuring technology and mechatronics automation(icmtma), 2016, 471 – 474.剩余内容已隐藏，您需要先支付 5元 才能查看该篇文章全部内容！立即支付
- On Translation of Three-Body Problem the Perspective of Feminist Translation They任务书
- A Critical Analysis of the Symbolic Meaning of the Kite in The Kite Runner 分析《追风筝的人》中风筝意象的象征意义毕业论文
- An Analysis of The Catcher in the Rye the Perspective of the rites of the initiation任务书
- Personalities and Life Choices of the Four Sisters in Little Women任务书
- An Analysis of Cultural Differences in Chinese English Advertising Language.任务书
- A Brief Analysis of the Contradictory Characterization of Superhero Captain America in Marvel’s Big Event Civil War任务书
- An Analysis of Errors in English Majors’ Oral English——Based on Error Analysis Theory任务书
- On Pragmatic Failures in Cross-cultural Network Catchwords任务书
- An Analysis of Marriages and Love in Pride and Prejudice任务书
- A Study of Female Gothic Writing in The Yellow Wallpaper任务书